Investment Directorate of Bahri University endeavors to attain the following , in line with the overall strategy of the University:
The Directorate seeks achieve to sustainable revenue by establishing a competitive investment aiming at increasing financial resources, building on self-reliance in financing general spending, and chalking up an investment map of available opportunities, for the ultimate goal of rendering the university a productive institution.
To plan, promote and develop investment by means of focusing attention on clients , investors, financial community and institutions , in addition to promoting investment through specialized colleges of financial knowledge emphasis , for the ultimate goal of boosting self-resources.
- Third-Values and principles:
Investment Directorate strives to lay down the following Values and Principles:
1/ Commitment to objectivism, justice, impartiality, faithfulness and transparency in the activities and programs it delivers.
2/ Supporting renewal, creativity and renovation.
3/ Quality, excellence and proficiency in goal attainment.
Investment Directorate endeavors to achieve the following objectives:
1/ Endeavoring to boost revenue by making use of specialties and expertise of various colleges, alongside with other scientific and technical capacity that the university has.
2/ Contributing to provision of information, conducting feasibility studies for investment projects, and verifying their economic feasibility.
3/ Increasing success opportunities for university’s investment projects.
4/ Providing conducive opportunities for university’s researchers to enable them to invest applied and empirical researches, and transfer scientific efforts from laboratory corridors to the wide space of the field of business and marking.
5/ Building a strategic partnership with various finance institutions for the ultimate goal of boosting the University’s investments, creating new and diverse sources of revenue, as part of the University strategy.
- Fifth-ways and Means:
The strategy adopted by Investment Directorate for delivering its mission, and attaining its objectives draws on the following:
1/ Developing high-value projects in collaboration with other colleges for the purpose of boosting university resources.
2/ Laying down a strategy, setting forth priorities, and endeavoring to improve the university investment atmosphere, in addition to proposing investment venues in collaborating with relevant entities.
3/ Endeavoring to build an inclusive investment data base covering all fields (academic, agricultural, animal, service …etc..), to be periodically updated in collaboration with specialized colleges and concerned finance institutions.
4/ Operationalizing investment partnerships with various finance institutions and other relevant organizations and bodies.
Being a central directorate, Investment Directorate is tasked with the following duties:
1/ follows-up investment projects of benefit for the University, which are proposed by interested bodies, and refers them to the concerned committee to take decision thereon.
2/ Rents public utilities of which the University is in need for the purpose of increasing its resources.
3/ Concludes investment contracts in accordance with valid rules, controls and financial regulations.
4/ Follows-up, monitors and submits periodical reports on University investment performance, and on investment environment at large.
5/ Submits periodical report on the university’s on-going investment projects.
6/ Leases the university lands to others, or utilizes them in founding joint projects that are of benefit for all partners.
7/ Founds profitable investment projects in the university in all economic fields.
Seventh – Sections:
1/ Inspection and Control Section.
2/ University project Co-ordination and Evaluation Section.
3/ projects Accounting Section.
- Implemented Projects:
- Project’s name : University Printing Press.
- Location: Kadaro / Library Deanship.
- Purpose: meeting of the university’s publication needs-increment of revenue-delivery of services at affordable prices.
- Products: publication services.
- Project’s machinery: the project is made up of (3) state-of-the art, and high quality printing machines, in addition to (2) binding machines. These equipments respond to all needs of printing and publication works, including those of (books, pamphlets, handouts, answer books, note and digital boards).
- Projects under implementation:
- Project’s name: project for the Rehabilitation of (3) Green houses.
- Location: kadaro/College of Agriculture.
- Purpose: Investment project – increment of revenue – Students training – supplying commodities for the university employees at affordable prices.
- Products: Vegetables.
- Project’s profile: The project has long been out of function, as it had undergone considerable damage. The project is therefore, in need of rehabilitation and maintenance, so that it can resume operating with maximum productive capacity.
- Project’s name: Project of a Centre for Veterinary pharmaceutical Services.
- Location: kadaro / Veterinary College.
- Purpose: meeting the needs of consumers beyond the university – increment of revenue –Training.
- Products: veterinary services.
- In view of the mounting demand for veterinary services, this project is proposed to meet the needs of the veterinary hospital, and its surrounding community, in addition to gaining access to the consumption market beyond the university.
- Project’s name: Meat Products Project:
- Location: Kadaro/College of Applied and Industrial Sciences.
- Purpose: Students training – supplying university employees with meat products at affordable price – increment of revenue.
- Products: mincemeat- sausages-meatballs-hamburger, and other meat products on demand.
- Project’s profile: The project has already been tested as part of students training where it achieved remarkable success. Thereafter, the project was proposed to be implemented for the purpose of meeting the needs of consumers at the university and beyond, in addition to its role in students training.
- The Project operates with a high productive capacity. Its expected revenue is high. When compared to its objectives, the project is regarded as being feasible and convenient, in addition to the potential of its further development in the foreseen future.
- Project’s name: milk-producing Cows:
- Location: kadaro.
- Purpose: Introducing new products to consumer market – students training – increment of revenue.
- Products: dairy products (Yoghurt and cheese).
- Project’s profile: The project is one of the projects that are qualified to generate high profits, and thereby increases revenue, given the abundance of production ingredients. Goods and other outputs produced through production processes are of high quality .
Target consumers: include the university employees, and members of the neighboring community. Therefore, emphasis will be laid on feed – back throughout products life cycle, which would lead to growth, progress, and sustainability, by means of adding more cows to the number of cows that the university recently has.