Centre for Peace and Development Studies
The Centre for Peace and Development Studies (C.P.D.S) is a post-graduate institution of research in the University of Bahri with the aim of preparing future generations, through education, training and research, to help African and the Sudanese students, better understand the causes of conflicts, and develop the culture of peace.
The Centre has a two-fold vision:
- A leading regional and international Centre for teaching and research in areas of peace and development studies.
- A leading think-tank and a focal part of expertise on early-warning and conflict prevention strategies.
- To promote high quality learning peace on development studies of reference to the Sudan and other 3rd world societies.
- To enhance originality and excellence in research and its dissemination and use.
- Creates linkage between policy and research.
- Leads awareness-raising programs among general public.
The Centre pursues the following specific objectives:
- Design high-quality programs leading to high diploma, M.A and PhD on regular and distance learning basis.
- Cary-out research and studies focusing on peace-building and conflict prevention issues.
- Carry-out consultancy services and assignments for government and non-government agencies.
- Organize conferences, symposia and short term courses for public and military services.
C.P.D.S offers inter-disciplinary courses leading to;
- Post-graduate Diploma.
- M.A .
through three specializations: (Medium of instruction is English Language).
- Department of Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Department of Environmental Change and Human Security.
- Department of Population and Development Studies.
Ph.D. Program: This program offers opportunity for successful candidate who could make original research of substantial contribution t o the field of peace and development studies. Doctoral program is available on research basis for 3-years duration.