You are warmly welcomed to the website of the Graduate College, University of Bahri. The graduate studies program at University of Bahri started with the establishment of the university in July (2011) upon solid experience inherited from the former Southern Sudan Universities which dates back to 1977. The graduate programs of those Universities were revised and updated to cope with contemporary advances in knowledge and meet the demands of current generation.
The College offers postgraduate Diploma and Master degrees both through Distance and Regular Learning as well as Doctorate of Philosophy in various fields of social and applied sciences. The supervision of these programs is carried out by distinguished scholars and expertise including, 22 professors, 114 Associate professors and 365 Assistant professors supported by modern research facilities.
Our website will provide you with the opportunity to acquaint yourself with the regulations and the graduate programs we offer, which we hope to correspond to your expectations and encourage you pursue your graduate studies at University of Bahri.
A distinguished College in Graduate Studies in accordance with quality standards both at local and international levels
To prepare, train and develop cadre to assume their role in the activities of the University and the community, coping withmost up-to-date facilities, improving out-put quality and with strong commitment to preserve environment
In pursuance of this mission the post graduate programs aim at fostering , through instruction, a deeper understanding of elementary and advanced concepts and ability; to apply fundamental ideas and analytical minds to new problems with high credibility and transparency, focused on equipping student with the skills and knowledge required to respond to the challenges ahead.
Enriching scientific research and extending the frontiers of knowledge in all its branches.
ii. Qualifying specialized scientific and professional cadres in various disciplines – be they within the University or other universities or hose in the Government organizations.
iii. Keeping up to date with speedy revolution in technology, science and learning.
vi. Promoting scientific research and directing it forwards the social, economic and cultural prospects of our society.
v. Encourage exchange of cultural and academic activities in the field of higher studies with similar organizations.
General Regulation for Post-Graduate Diplomas
Post Graduate Diploma by course shall be conducted theoretically, as field work, in laboratory or in applied mode in accordance with the following:
1. Study period shall not be less than one year (two semesters) and not more than two years (four semesters).
2. Credit hours shall not be less than (20) hours and not exceeding (30) credit hours.
3. Study program may include a short research in one of the study subjects equivalent to one course i.e. (3) credit hours.
4. Research language shall be Arabic or English and the college board, if necessary, may allow the student to use another language.
5. Prescribed period for the degree of Postgraduate Diploma shall not be less than two semesters and not more than four semesters.
General Regulation for Master’s Degree
Admission and registration for a master’s degree (tuition courses or supplementary thesis) requires the student to get the following qualifications:
- a 5 year BA (honors) or at least ten semesters, at least from the University of Bahri or equivalent.
- a 4 year BA (honors) or eight semesters in addition to passing qualifying exam prescribed by the concerned college and consists of some courses .
- General BA (at list four years) in addition to a post graduate diploma or a qualifying year during which student shall pass courses prescribed by the concerned college With condition that not more than four semesters elapse after the qualifying year.
Philosophy of Doctorate (PhD)
Study for a doctorate degree shall be through one of the followings:
a. By courses and research with condition that prescribed hours shall not be less than (36) credit hours of courses after master in addition to the research.
b. If a student passes the exams and is allowed to write the research, but fail to provide the research within three years from the date of final exam or five academic years from the date of registration (whichever is in the interest of the student) he may recommended to be awarded Master of philosophy (M. Phil).
c. By research, the student shall present a seminar on his/her at the beginning and before the oral examination.
d. Research language shall be Arabic or English and the college research board, if necessary, may allow the student to use another language.
Prescribed period for the Doctorate Degree shall not be less than six semesters and not exceed ten semesters.