Guide for Authors
1. General Information About University of Bahri Journal of Arts and Human Sciences (UBJAHS):
(a) University of Bahri Journal of Arts and Human Sciences (UBJAHS) is a refereed research periodical issued bi-annually. The journal is under the supervision of the Deanship of Academic Research (DAR) – University of Bahri.
(b) The objective of the journal is to provide the opportunity to researchers in all fields of study to publish their original studies, literature reviews, book reviews, and research notes (short communication). The scope of materials presented for publication encompasses Arts and Human Sciences.
(c) The Editorial Board, through specialists, reviews all submitted manuscripts, before they are sent to referees.
(d) Submitted manuscripts should not have neither been previously published nor submitted elsewhere for publication.
(e) Submitted manuscripts should score 70% or more according to DAR criteria before being accepted for publication.
(f) All submitted manuscripts are refereed before acceptance for publication. Published materials, articles, book reviews, etc. should not be published elsewhere in any other form or language without the written consent from the editor.
2. Submission for Publication:
Original manuscripts and two copies computer-typed using Microsoft Word, in Arabic (Simplified Arabic) or English (Times New Romans) and size 12, on one side of A4-size paper double-spaced with three-centimeter margins. Pages, figures, tables, examples, and notes should be numbered consecutively. Titles, abstracts, figures, tables, notes, and references should be on separate pages, or within the text.
Manuscripts can also be submitted through the journal e-mail:
3. Style and Format:
– Manuscripts should follow the following order:
1. Title: concise and expressive.
2. Name(s) of Author(s)
3. Address of Author(s)
4. Abstract in approximately 250 words
5. Text should not be more than three-level headings and subheads.
6. Key words
7. Notes. However, notes should be avoided if possible.
9. Appendices (if applicable)
– Places of figures and tables should be specified in the text indented to the left side).
– Abbreviations should be defined on first-mention status. They also should be listed in alphabetical order in a separate appendix after the text at the end of the paper.
– Numbers used as mathematical symbols should be put between parentheses.
– Tables should be numbered separately from figures, with the title above the table and source, if applicable, below the table.
– Figures should be inserted in the text using any computer program, or submitted in a separate envelope, and should not be folded or bent.
– The place of each figure in the text should be specified on the left side.
Alternatively, a photocopy of the figure should be inserted in its designed point in the text.
– Drawings or orthographic figures should be made in Chinese (black) ink on ordinary or glossy paper size 3X18 centimeter (or 26X36 cm. or 6.5X9 cm). Appropriate thickness of the letters, symbols, and lines should be considered.
– Graphs, original, and/or photocopies should be submitted on glossy paper size 3X18 centimeter (or 26X36 cm, or 6.5X9 cm). – Colored graphs and drawings are accepted only when the colors have scientific significance in the study. Otherwise, authors should bear the cost of typesetting.
– Abbreviations of the titles of research journals should follow the ‘The World List of Scientific Periodicals’.
– Internationally conventional abbreviations, such as cm, mm, km, mg, kg, and % should be used instead of their respective full words, centimeter, millimeter, kilometer, milligram, kilogram and percentage, respectively.
– Metric equivalents should be put in parentheses for other quantitative measures.
– References in the text should be mentioned by author’s last name and the year of publication.
– All cited works should be put after the text at the end of the paper. The references should be alphabetically ordered according to surname and first names.
– References should follow this order: last name, first name, middle initial, year of publication, title (of study), name of periodical, volume, issue, and pages. Example; Ismail, H. I., Hashimoto, Y., Kon, Y., Konno, A., Yamazoe, H. and Iwanaga, T. (1996) The Distribution of Immunoglobulin-containing Cells and T lymphocyte Subpopulation in the Mouse Mammary Gland: Morphometric and Immunohistocmemical Study. Bimedical Research 17(2):105-113.
If the reference is a book, the place and name of the publishing agency should be mentioned. Example: Guenther, E (1972). The Essential Oil. Vol. IV, New York, N,Y.
– Reference to a cited work by more than one author, First author follows the one-author format; family names, followed by first name, followed by middle initial. Second and other authors first, middle name initial followed by the last name for each author. When there are more than two authors, the surname of the first author is followed by et al.
– Notes are intended to provide necessary or additional information.
– Numbers of notes in the text should be written as superscripts and not placed in parentheses.
– Notes should be numbered consecutively. Reference to cited works in the notes should follow the style of referencing in the text, i.e., number of reference between square brackets.
– Notes should be set as footnotes on their respective pages separated with a line from the text.
9. Proof reading:
A copy of proof should be checked by the corresponding author, in a maximum of one week and should be sent back to the editor-in-chief. No alteration is allowed.
– Sole or principal author will receive twenty offprint of the published article free of charge. Authors can order extra offprint whose cost will be determined by the editorial board. Orders for extra offprint should be submitted long before typesetting (printing) and should be paid in advance.
11. Subscription and Correspondence:
– All types of correspondence, including subscription should be addressed to the editor.
12. Address for Correspondence:
– Manuscripts for publication and all other types of correspondence should be sent to the following address:
Chairman Editorial Board
University of Bahri Journal of Arts and Human Sciences (UBJAHS)
– Failure to comply with any of the above instructions will normally lead to the delay of or declining the publication of the article.