Department of Geophysics
Department of Mineral Resources
Department of Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology
Department of Petroleum Geology
عن كلية الجيولوجيا
Petroleum had been discovered in 1980s, developed and exported since 1998.
Studies had shown that Petroleum and gas are available on-and offshore of the Sudan.The undeveloped natural resource in subsurface and on the surface justifies the establishment of a specialized faculty in the University of Bahri for the graduation of highly qualified students in the field of Petroleum Geology, Hydrogeology, Mining and geophysics.
The vision of this college is to be a leading centre in the field of earth sciences and its applications.
The college shall provide an excellent teaching and an innovated research in the fields of earth sciences, and satisfy the needs of labor market and community, and scientific developments in these fields.
The College offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the following specialisations:
- Petroleum geology
- Engineering geology
- Mineral resources
- Help to prepare graduate professionals to understand the methodology of geological sciences with particular emphasis on petroleum, mineral resources and building materials. Implicit in these programs is the preparation of students to assume roles of leadership in government and industry during their careers.
- Enhance the commitment of staff, and students to the centrality of diversity, social justice, and democratic citizenship.
- Provide leadership in the development of collaborative, professional relationships with organizations, and other institutions focused on the improvement of geological education.
- Sustain a caring, supportive climate throughout the College.
- Enhance the effective and efficient management of the College.
- Raises the public awareness on issues of environment through community out-reaches programs such as lectures and workshops.
- Creation of a center of excellence in advancing knowledge of geosciences.
- Academic excellence and integrity.
- Outstanding teaching and service.
- Scholarly research and professional leadership.
- Integration of teaching, research, and service.
- Individual and collective excellence.
- Diversity, equity, and social justice.
The college of Petroleum Geology and minerals offers the Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Geology, Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology, Mineral Resources and Geophysics.