Instructions to Students inside the Examination Hall
Students should strictly adhere to the following:
- Students are advised to be inside the examination hall ten minutes before the start of the examinations.
- No student shall be admitted to the examination hall after 30 minutes from the start of the examination.
- A student who enters the examination hall late, but within the time indicated under Point 2, should not be allowed extra time.
- No student shall be allowed to leave the examination hall until half of the time scheduled for the examination has elapsed.
- A student who leaves the examination hall s during the examination session shall not be readmitted unless, throughout the period of his/her absence, he/she has been continuously under the observation of an invigilator or an authorised person.
- A student should bring all that might be needed for the particular examination. No lending or borrowing is allowed.
- No student shall be allowed to possess, receive or use any printed or written documents, illustrations, mobile phones, digital devices or any other unauthorised aids in the examination hall.
- A student shall stop writing when instructed to do so.
- A student should not indulge in conversation, or in any mean of communication with other students.
- A student must not, directly or indirectly, give or receive assistance to or from any other student.
- A student sitting for examination shall display his/her University identity card during the examination period.
- A Student should write his/her name and the University identity card number on the answer script and question paper immediately after receiving them.
- A Student must confirm his/her attendance in the relevant sheet by signing against their names.
- A student should remain seated until the invigilators collect the examination scripts and sign against his/her name before leaving the examination hall.
- No student is allowed to smoke, take snuff, eat, drink, chew or request any refreshment other than fresh water provided in the examination hall.
- A student who leaves the examination hall after handing over his/her answer script should not get involved in any action as to disturb and/or give assistance to students inside the examination hall.
- A student should comply with all instructions given by the invigilator without questioning or objecting and must maintain a respectful approach towards invigilators.
- If the Senate is convinced that a student has committed a breach of one or more of these examination instructions, he/she shall be deemed to have committed an offence.