Dr. Mohamed Yousif Adam Abubaker
Sections and Units:
University Communication Office:
Head of the section: Dr. Muzamil Hassan Yousif
Public Relations & Protocols:
Head of the section: Dr. Howaida Hasab Al Bagi Mohammed Salih
Head of the section: Dr. Sara Osman Hussein Elsheakh
The directorate seeks to be a leader in the field of cultural relations and information in higher education.
To enlarge and promote university’s cultural relations nationally and globally in the academic and research fields and helping the community. Moreover, to keep the advanced university status nationally, regionally and globally.
Values & Principles:
The directorate is committed to work on the basis of credibility, transparency, realism and neutralism in all its programs.
1.Promoting university’s relations with its counterpart universities, research and academic institutions, and universities’ union inside and outside Sudan.
- Highlighting university’s role in the fields of teaching, academic research and community service.
- Presenting a good image about the university, and removing any negativity.
- Setting programs to strengthen the internal university relationships of its teaching staff members, working staff and students.
- Linkingthe university with its graduates, preparing them well for the labor market and finally using them as feedback sources for the purposes of assessment and support.
- Linking the university with the different media agencies i.e. newspapers, broadcasts and T.V. channels, and providing them with news, activities and events regularly.
- Issuing university’s pamphlets and newsletters for the purposes of publicity.
- Preparing and organizing workshops, conferences, seminars, fairs and other activities inside university, and keeping good relations with both governmental and private sectors.
- Arranging travel procedures for delegations.
- Keeping in contact with educational, research and cultural institutions nationally, regionally and globally.
- Reinforcing communication and cooperation throughout academic visits, professors’ exchange and academic journals’ publication.
- Reviewing and renewing signed official agreements with local, regional and international universities, in addition to signing new ones.
- Effectively contribute in the events of unions and universities’ networks, and keeping up with what they require accordingly.
- Effective participation of the university in workshops, symposiums and conferences inside Sudan or outside, in addition to organizing seminars initiated by the university itself, or coordinating with colleges and respective bodies.
- Arranging forums for diplomatic missions to participate in university’s cultural activities, and working as a dynamic unit in promoting cultural relations with their countries.
- Coordinating with the ministry of foreign affairs to include the university in the visiting delegations’ agenda.
- Contacting different media agencies to show the university’s academic, research and community services roles.
- Preparing academic, research and community service information mediums, and providing the required facilitations i.e. films and documentary programs.
- Documenting all the university’s activities.
- Arranging mutual visits for the university’s teaching staff members and their counterparts of foreign institutions.
- Supervising and developing the university’s website as an advanced communicative medium.
- Setting up a data-base on the university’s graduates and holding periodical forums for them and their employers.
- Organizing cultural and social activities for the university’s staff and all the other society sections.
- Contacting respective institutions to facilitate the travel of official delegations, following up their visit schedule and providing them with all what they need.
1660/11111, Khartoum-Republic of Sudan