- To provide access to quality tertiary higher education to all beyond geographical socio-economic and or technological barriers
- To promote and sustain a committed, innovative and effective CDE with an aspiration of being one of the leading distance learning institution nationally, regionally and internationally; and
- To collaborate with similar institutions at national, regional, and international levels in order to produce skillful and productive manpower while participating in producing theoretically informed and high utility global knowledge.
- To cumulatively increase opportunities and access to higher education through DE by reaching large numbers of students and professionals in multiple sites simultaneously across Sudan and beyond
- To constantly review the existing academic programs while offering new and attractive programs that respond to the actual needs of the Sudanese people, and to the demands of the market labor
- To progressively transform the existing academic programs and the related administrative functions to be more effective and efficient by accelerating a technologically-driven process of automation and digitization in preparing, producing, and delivering the intended education packages
- To develop the necessary basic hardware and software infrastructure that will meet the demand of the expanding number of students at different types of the CDE programs; and
- To benefit from the positive experiences of other similar institutions, through partnership and exchange, for the sake of promoting the CDE programs in short, medium and long terms.