The Universityof Bahri adopts four types of intakes in accordance with the Ministry of Higher Education regulations:
- National Intake.
- Self-Sponsored Intake (+Foreign+University degree holders)
1. National intake
It is an admission organized by the General Administration for Admission of Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, on completion of admission applications by all candidates. The University obtains the per cents of students from the Ministry. Admission is based on merit and after selection, the lists of the eligible candidates are delivered to the Secretariat for Academic Affairs (SAA) in the respective universities. The SAA then distributes the list to various colleges.
2- Self-Sponsored Intake
The university allocates each year a number of seats for self-sponsored intake and this includes the sons, daughters and spouses of workers in the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. Students admitted under this type of intake may have percentages less by no more than 10% of the lowest mark admitted under national intake. This type includes:
2.1 Intake of Foreign Candidates
- Non-Sudanese candidates may be admitted as self-sponsored students, provided that the number of candidates admitted shall not exceed 15% of the number of candidates planned to be admitted for the respective college/department.
- All regulations applied to candidates of general admission shall apply to candidates of such type of admission in accordance with the following illegibility conditions:
- The candidate must meet the special and general requirements for admission valid during the respective academic year.
- He/she must master the language of instruction.
- A candidate shall be subject to medical examination and immigration rules in accordance with valid national laws.
- A candidate must show ID documents and a certificate showing his financial capability for payment of fees.
2.2 Intake of University Degree Holders
- It refers to the admission of Bachelor degree holders for another Bachelor program in a class higher than first year, provided that the number of candidates admitted shall not exceed 10% of the number of candidates planned to be admitted for the respective college.
- Bachelor degree holders may be admitted for a class higher than first year as self-sponsoredstudents liable for full tuition fees,provided that they meet the minimum conditions required for admission for the respective college in the respective academic year.
- Bachelor degree holders, with pass grade may be admitted in accordance with the following procedures:
- Relevant documents are submitted to the Academic Secretariat which shall refer them to the concerned college/department for recommendation thereon.
- If recommended to be approved, documents shall be referred by the Academic Secretariat to the General Administration for Admission for completion of admission formalities.
- The General Administration for Admission shall approve admission formalities by assigning the concerned candidate a university code number.
- A candidate shall be registered only after approval by the General Administration for Admission.
2.3 Technical Diploma
- The applicant should have obtained a pass grade in Sudan School Certificate or equivalent in relevant subjects to the concerned college.
- Such certificate may be of the same or previous years
- A copy of Sudan School or foreigncertificate.
- A copy of the Nationality Certificate.
- A copy of birth or age assessment certificate.
- Two passport size photos.
- Application forms may be obtained and processed electronically through the Ministry website or the Centre of Human Resources and Continual Education
2.4. Up-grading and Transfer Intake
3.1 Up-Grading Intake
- Only candidate of technical diploma shall be eligible for up-grading.
- The applicant’s Sudan School Certificate must fulfill all the general conditions qualifying for the study of Bachelor degree in Sudanese Universities.
- Holders of Technical Diploma with Distinction shall not require a job experience for up-grading.
- Holders of Technical Diploma with very good shall require two years job experience in their field of specialization for up-grading.
- Holders of Technical Diploma with Good shall require four years job experience in their field of specialization for up-grading.
- Holders of Technical Diploma with Pass shall require five years job experience in their field of specialization for up-grading.
- Results of the up-grading students in the courses studied in other educational institutions shall be accepted only if they correspond to courses of University of Bahri with respect to contents and credit hours.
- Following the endorsement of the courses, the grades shall be converted to points for computation of the final weighted grade points average (CWGPA) for graduation.
1- Applicant should fill the application form and attach the following documents:
- Sudan School Certificate
- Two recent photos
- National Number Certificate /Valid National ID
2- Application shall be scrutinized by the Secretariat for Academic Affairs
3- Applications forms and attached document shall be sent to the General Administration for Admission for finalization of admission procedures.
4- Students registration at the University depends on the endorsement of the General Administration for Admission.