The College offers three degrees as follows:
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) Agriculture in five years in the following specializations:
- Agricultural Economics and Agri-business
- Crop Science
- Pests and Plant Health
- Soil and Water Science
2.Master of Science degree by research in the above mentioned disciplines in two years
- Philosophy Doctorate (Ph.D.) Degree by research in the same above mentioned specializations in three years
Offering of intermediate diploma
Offering Certificates for specialized training courses to farmers and others.
1- Graduates with sound foundation in scientific principles, practical and analytical skills behind improved agricultural production, development and sustainability; competent in labor market and can profitably put their skills into operation by establishing and operating their own farming enterprises.
2- Producing quality graduates who are knowledgeable, creative and innovative, able to communicate effectively with farming community and their development institution and encourage continuing learning.
1– accept the student sound foundation in scientific principles and analytical skills.
2 – provide students with the opportunity of personal development.
3- allow student to carry out research, applied to regional problems using activities designed to address actual problems and shortcomings
1- To introduce the advanced research topics, practical applications and using quality technology towards products development, process and systems improvement. Within the disciplines of agricultural science and explore the interdisciplinary nature of agricultural art and science.
2- Disseminate agricultural culture, community service, counseling and professional services to institutions, agricultural bodies and farmers
3- Being excellence in consultancy services, bio industry, and participate in the formulation of agricultural policies.
4- To develop a critical understanding of environmental, economic, social and ethical factors related to Sustainable agricultural development.
5-Skilled and specialized manpower to help solve the food problems and increase agricultural production
6-Competent researcher, scientists and professional for sustainable agricultural production and development.
The BSc. Program Curriculum
The concept of agricultural development no longer limited to boosting agricultural production and income, but extended to include distribution equity, rational utilization and conservation of agricultural resources base, their sustainability, and food security, increasing exports and improving quality. Therefore, agricultural graduate reform is of high necessity.
The agricultural graduate is required to be more suitable, knowledgeable, cope with agricultural technologies development, data base and, economic changes, competitive, adaptive, initiative and creative in self-employment.
This requires a tangible and effective amendment in scientific programs, development of curricula, infra-structure, advanced research and extension approaches and conducive and supportive academic environment to achieve the college mission for efficient use of agricultural knowledge and technologies in development of sustainable agriculture.
Reasons and justifications for distinctive academic curriculum of the College of Agriculture:
Provision of modern learning system and advanced curriculum for recently established university.
Advanced, modern concept of agriculture to pursue towards sustainable agriculture, economical openness, and globalization reflections
Shortfall of agricultural education for time being to meet the old and new challenges, less suitable to cope with economic globalization and ever speedy development in the international market and investment.
The great advancement in agricultural sciences for instance bio technologies.
Deficiency in obtaining government employment and diversification of labor-market needs.
The great advance in information technology (Bioinformatics).
Objectives of the distinctive academic curriculum plan:
- The challenge issues, effects of globalization and its effects and reflections on agricultural sector
- Increasing employment opportunities for agricultural graduates in governmental sector, private sector regional and international organizations and self-employment.
- Including interaction courses (Field studies, workshops, team work, training etc.).
- Emphasizing on syllabi that related to modern technologies for sustainable agricultural production
- Developing of student skills I administration, communication and leadership.
- Balancing between theoretical and applied Agricultural sciences.
- Methodology followed to design the curriculum
- Framework of the learning curriculum
- Students’ Fieldwork
- Research Projects
- Collective work of all teaching staff of the college
- Consulting of experts from different academic institutions and private sector related to agriculture and agricultural graduates.
- Designed in light of agricultural strategic plan and its temporal programs in addition the agricultural revival program.
- Acquainted to agriculture development needs, services and labor market.
The college considered in the learning system:
- Teaching units (credit hours). The credit hours required for graduation are 197-200 credit hours,including university, college and specialization (departmental) requirements.
- Number of semesters is 10
- The first five semesters are common for all students’ specialization starts from the 6th semester.
The study programs of the college is modeled on laboratory and field-based practical training. The students of the college carry out a field work at the end of the fourth year for at least four weeks where the students are exposed to and trained on a variety of ecosystems.
The undergraduate students are requested to submit research reports based on experimental or field studies or on extensive reviews of specific areas. Each department organizes its research projects as recommended by its board.