The College of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Bahri is an amalgamated body that constitutes both the College of Veterinary Sciences of University of Bahr El Ghazal, and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Upper Nile University. The necessity for provision of qualified veterinarians that would contribute to the development of the livestock industry and the general economic performance of the country yielded this amalgamation of the two institutions with their highly qualified staff and outstanding curriculum.
The College of Veterinary Medicine aspires to be one of the leading centers of excellence in veterinary education and applied research regionally and internationally.
The mission of the college of Veterinary Medicine is to:
1. Qualify students for the degree of Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) in order to meet the present and future demands of their professional careers. The graduates are expected to fulfill all aspects of the profession that encompass the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and understanding of animal diseases; the conservation of livestock resources; the promotion of public health; and the advancement of medical knowledge.
2. The provision of postgraduate education, at the Higher Diploma, Masters and Ph.D. levels in the various fields of the profession.
3. Train technical and professional staff through continuing education programs that are tailored to the national professional needs.
4. Enhance the provision of clinical and diagnostic services for teaching and for the public within a financially self-sustaining model.
5. Encourage scientific research and publication in the various aspects of the profession.
6. Provide extension services and consultation for the animal production sector.
7. Establish and strengthen links with counterpart regional and international institutions.
The College Board should be formed as:
Dean of the college Chairperson
Deputy Dean Member and acting Dean in the absence of the Dean
Representative from other colleges Member
Academic staff (Professors) Member
Heads of the Departments Member
College registrar Member & Secretary