University of Bahri
UNESCO Chair on Peace / Centre For Peace And Development Studies
In collaboration with
The National Commission for the Dissemination of Culture of Peace
On Monday Dec. 4 the Chair, the Centre, and National Commission celebrated the International Day of Peace for the year 2017 under the theme “Together for Peace: Respect, Safety and Dignity for All”. The Guest of honor of the Day was the federal Minister of Culture, the celebration was held under the auspices of the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Bahri Prof. Ayoub Adam M. Khaleel , in the National Hall at Al-Kadaro Campus.
The Opening session of the Celebration was addressed by:
– Ministry of Culture (Guest of Honor).
– Vice-Chancellor of the University of Bahri Prof. Ayoub Adam M. Khaleel .
– Secretary General of the National Commission for UNESCO.
– Director, Centre for peace and Development Studies.
Two papers were presented titled:
1. About the National Commission for the Dissemination of Culture of Peace in Sudan, by Ust. Mowafag A/Rahman
2. Refu gees and the International Law, by Dr. Hafiz Ahmed.
The celebration concluded by various contributions by Students of University of Bahri and Alsalam Band, which entertained the students by some drama shows on the collection of arms campaign in Darfur.