The Institutional Framework of the College
Vision: attaining the highest level of excellencies in the sciences of Humanities
- Mission: achieving distinction in the fields of humanities through teaching and scientific research as well as the preparing qualified graduates in the different disciplines to meet the needs and community and the labor market.
- Goals/Objectives: the colleges aspires to
- Train and qualify undergraduates and postgraduates in the field of Humanities to serve both the public and private sectors.
- Raise the awareness about the value of sciences in humanities and their significance in promoting and stimulating co-existence as well as in enriching human thought.
- Promote scientific research in humanities and effectively directing this research to the service of the community.
- Establish and maintain contacts and links with national, regional and international related institutions.
- Meet the requirements of development through high-quality curricula and the different specialized programs.
- Tools/Methods: the College uses the following to achieve its stated goals:
- Designing curricula, programs and courses of advanced nature in the above disciplines that have sound significance in the labor market.
- Continual professional development for the staff members and ancillary staff.
- Establishing scientific research programs at the graduate level that enable community to share in and from the acquired human knowledge.
- Providing the infrastructure, technical, materialistic, laboratorial and other facilities, to help implement the study programs.
- Abiding by the national and international quality standards for colleges through the continuous assessment of all the collegial activities and the application of international, professional, etc. criteria.
- Intended Learning Outcomes:
Humanities sciences are humane and social by nature; they seek to provide scientific knowledge and skills about humans and their organization in their different aspects as: the sociological, the environmental; the interactive individualistic and the communal- all by the use of a clear scientific methodology. Accordingly, it is expected that the graduate of the college of humanities, in the University of Bahri, will be able to:
- Acquire information from different sources knowledge.
- Implement modern scientific research in his/her field of work.
- Respond to international changes and developments related to his/her field in humanities.
- Apply the acquired skills and knowledge in the different real environments of work.