Food Hygiene and Safety.
The department aspires to be one of the pioneers’ and excellence in the different aspects of food hygiene and safety
at national and international level.
- To qualify practitioners in the field of Food Hygiene & Safety to serve the community and to enrich the research in order to
provide a high quality environmental health services, health education and hygiene promotion activities, communicable
disease prevention, and food hygiene and safety.
- To graduate excellent researchers dealing with food hygiene & safety problems nationally, regionally, and internationally.
- To provide academic training and scientific knowledge in Food Safety, Hygiene and Management.
- To qualify the students to understand the relationship between food and public health by focusing on the factors that influence food safety and quality.
- To enable students to participate in epidemiological and toxicological studies concerning environment and food hazardous
- To implement inspection procedures to assess the adequacy of control measures used in the community, food services establishment and food industry.
- To identify national and international legislation and standards.
- To identify contaminants associated with food and assess their effect on health
- To enable students to organize implement and evaluate scientific researches in community.
No. of Years:-
1st year Honor Degree.
No. of Credit Hours:-
171 Credit Hours.
No of Academic Staff:-
2 Associate Professor.
2 Assistant Professor.