• Admission for the Post Graduate Diploma degree requires the student to obtain a general bachelor’s degree as minimum requirement.
• Admission and registration for a master’s degree (tuition courses or supplementary thesis) requires the student to get the following qualifications:
a. a 5 year BA (honors) or at least ten semesters, at least from the University of Bahri or equivalent.
b. a 4 year BA (honors) or eight semesters in addition to passing qualifying exam prescribed by the concerned college and consists of some courses .
c. General BA (at list four years) in addition to a post graduate diploma or a qualifying year during which student shall pass courses prescribed by the concerned college With condition that not more than four semesters elapse after the qualifying year
• Admission and registration for the doctorate degree requires a master’s degree in the concerned specialization.
• Concerned departments may require for acceptance of candidates at master and doctorate levels, to pass a number of supplementary courses of the previous stage in a period not exceeding three semesters, taking into account the following:
a. Passing supplementary course with good grade at least good.
b. Students who fail in supplementary courses, shall not be allowed to re-sit for such courses.
c. The period required for passing the supplementary courses shall not be counted within the period specified for obtaining the degree.
• A student may be admitted to study a master or doctorate in a related field of his specialization upon a recommendations of the concerned department and the college boards and the approval of the college board.
• A student shall not register for more than one graduate program at one time.
• A student registered for master degree shall not upgrade to doctorate degree.
• A student residing abroad may be registered with the approval of the college board upon the recommendation of the concerned college and to conduct part of the his/her research outside the university in a recognized academic institution or university; taking into account the following:
a. Obtaining written approval from the (institution) where the student conducting part of the search.
b. Concerned college shall suggest qualified external supervisor and an internal supervisor from University of Bahri.
c. External supervisor to shall submit periodical reports on the student’s performance during that period.
d. Student shall spend a period of not less than six months for the Master and nine months for a doctorate at the University of Bahri
e. All exams shall take place at the University of Bahri
• Graduate College shall hold admission and registration of students in coordination with concerned colleges.
• Admission shall by partial or full release subject to terms of the program and its regulations.
- Admission Requirements & Procedures:
The following condition must be fulfilled to register for a degree:-
1. Academic certificates include: Bachelor degree certificate and its transcript, for higher diploma; Bachelor degree certificate + higher diploma certificate (or qualifying year) and their transcripts for master degree; Bachelor degree certificate + higher diploma certificate (or qualifying year) + Master degree certificate and their transcripts for Doctor of Philosophy degree.
2. Payment of admission fees (150 SDG) through Faisal Islamic Bank branches.
3. Fill the application form (2 copies).
4. Documents should be kept in plastic file (two files).
5. Two copies of the required academic certificate plus the originals (for checking purposes).
6. Two passport size photos.
7. Foreign certificates should be evaluated by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
8. Accreditation by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research for foreign University from which the applicant has graduated.
9. Proof of identity (Passport or Identity card for Sudanese nationals or passport for non-Sudanese) (copy + original).
10. Experience letter plus other supporting do cements (for non-Sudanese nationals).
11. Curriculum Vitae including contact information should be attached.
12. Research proposal for those applying for a degree based on research.
13. Original certificates should be presented for checking purpose and will be returned to the applicant.
14. Registration shall take effect from the date the proposal has been approved by the faculty research council, the supervisor is assigned and the first installment of the prescribed fees paid.